Orangeville Minor Hockey Ray Hunt Classic House League Tournament
RULES for Minor Bantam & Bantam Divisions
The Ontario Minor Hockey Association sanctions this tournament. It is therefore understood that all playing rules and tournament regulations are in force.
- This tournament is open to OMHA registered House League teams only. NO SELECT TEAMS and NO REGISTERED COMPETITIVE PLAYERS will be allowed to play in this tournament. This is a NO BODY CHECKING tournament. Each team will be allowed to dress a maximum of 17 skaters plus a maximum of 2 goalies.
- Each player must be signed to an approved player’s certificate/roster showing the players’ birth year. All certificates/rosters will be verified at the registration desk at arena where you play your first game. All Teams must register before their first game. A team failing to register before their second game will result in the forfeit of that game.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to make any or all decisions regarding the interpretation of the rules, objections or protests involving disputes, or any conduct of players or team officials during the tournament. The Tournament Director’s decision will be final.
- All play is to exhibit the best in good sportsmanship and good conduct.
- Each team shall list a certified coach and trainer on each game sheet.
- Any player, coach, manager or team official who does not conduct themselves in the best interest of the principals of minor hockey will be eliminated from further tournament activity. Fighting majors, match penalties or gross misconduct will be cause for ejection from the tournament. All suspensions and match penalties will be forwarded on to that teams’ organization.
- It is essential that games run on time. Teams must be at the scheduled arena 1 hour before game time. Teams not reporting on time on the ice, will forfeit the game to the opposing team. TEAMS SHOULD BE DRESSED AND READY TO GO ON THE ICE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO ACTUAL SCHEDULED GAME TIME. Ice will be flooded after each game, teams are requested to be ready to go on the ice immediately following the flood. Teams will be allowed 2 minutes to warm up and games WILL START ON TIME.
- Teams designated ‘Visitors’ will occupy the bench marked as such and will be required to change sweaters if in the opinion of the referee, there is a colour similarity.
- Shaking of hands will be done prior to the start of the game (Olympic style).
- Length of Games – All games will be 10-10-12 stop time periods. In the third period of all games, the clock will run on straight time if there is a 5 goal differential and will continue for the remainder of the game regardless of the score.
- During round robin tournament play, each team will be asked to select a player of the game. Please be prepared to report your selection with 5 minutes remaining in the game. At the conclusion of the game the two teams will line up on their respective blue lines until the presentations are complete.
- Please review all the information received in the tournament package. Remember it is your responsibility to know the rules (OMHA and TOURNAMENT).
ROUND ROBIN FORMAT
- All teams are guaranteed 3 games. All tied games will remain tied.
The first tie breaker in the standings will be head-to-head.
The second tie breaker is fewest goals against.
The third tie breaker is total goals for divided by total goals for & against & the highest percentage will move on.
The fourth tie breaker is fewest penalties accumulated in round robin play.
- Championship games will be 10-10-15 stop time periods. In the championship game, the clock will run straight time if there is a 5 goal differential in the third period & will continue for the remainder of the game regardless of the score.
- Overtime – If tied at the end of regular play, sudden victory stop time elimination periods will begin as follows: 4 players and 1 goalie will play for each team for 2 mins. If still tied, the teams will ice 3 players and 1 goalie for 2 mins. If still tied, the teams will ice 2 players and 1 goalie until the game is won. Substitutions may be made only during play.